MUNICIPALITY OF NORFOLK TREHERNE
REQUEST FOR QUOTATIONS July 26th, 2021
For Bosc Bridge Replacement Project
FABRICATION AND DELIVERY OF ALL-STEEL BRIDGE STRUCTURE
SITE LOCATION: Bosc Bridge – Boyne River – NE5-8-8W
UTM Coordinates - 535670E, 5498265N (Zone 14) CLOSING DATE: August 4th, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. (Central Time)
1. The existing Bosc Bridge is 12.5 metres long, comprising 2 timber spans. The crossing has reached the end of its service life is closed and requires replacement.
2. Wolfrom Engineering Ltd. has undertaken Preliminary Engineering and has determined that soil conditions for a deep foundation at this site are poor and will preclude the use of a precast concrete structure due to its excessive self-weight. Wolfrom recommends an 18 m clear span All-Steel superstructure to be founded on shallow, (~ 25 Ft.) sheet pile wall abutments.
3. The Municipality of Norfolk Treherne is inviting quotations from fabricators for one All-Steel Bridge including delivery to the site and based on the required Scope of Work presented below.
SCOPE OF WORK
4. Scope of Work to include, but not limited to:
· Design, Fabricate and deliver all prepaid Steel bridge components for an 18 m X 7.3 m wide superstructure, FOB bridge site MB
· Fabrication specifications are to: CAN/CSA-S6-14 for a CL-625 live load and to CHBDC S6- 22.214.171.124.2.5, specific to Test Level for barriers on low volume roads
· Provide Fabrication design vertical loads for Abutment Cap, Serviceability and limit state, DL & LL & total load, including allowance for 100 mm thick gravel wear surface
· Deck to have appropriate gravel wear surface containment curb
· Supply of appropriate waterproofing membrane for graveled deck surface
· Supply of appropriate rubber bearing strips, or pads per fabrication engineers design
· Supply of appropriate treated timber bulkhead planks
· Structure to be delivered with W-beam or Tri-beam guide rails attached
· Guide rail post height to be minimized to facilitate agricultural use based on above noted Test Level for barriers on low volume roads
· Guide-rail post to be HSS or wide flange, appropriately rust inhibited
· Prepare shop drawings for all materials supplied
· Supply of structural bolts, or estimate length of required structural weldments
· Supply In-house QC documentation
5. Any enquiries concerning this RFQ should be directed to Denis Andrews, Project Manager 204 475-6210, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
CONTENT OF PROPOSALS
7. Proposals shall address the items set out in Scope of Work as an all-in Quotation price, and include details of all proponent’s conditions and exclusion.
As “time is of the essence” final construction drawings and construction tenders cannot proceed to completed without bridge loadings, therefore an estimate in weeks required to provide Fabrication engineering is required for proposal evaluation.
8. All Proposals received will be reviewed by the Municipal Council, and the Project Manager. The award of a request for quotation will typically go to the lowest bid received, unless disqualified. If questions arise as to the proposal content the Project Manager will contact the proponent for clarification, before any disqualification.